Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We're looking for a skilled Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE Team, responsible for designing, building, and operating our hybrid cloud/on-prem environment. This position will focus on our on-prem AI compute center which will do the heavy lifting of our growing ML teams.
What You’ll Do
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Advancing the state of our art and operations by practicing the SRE way, focusing on users, monitoring and automation.
- Building our fundamental patterns for cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services - building in security, reliability and scalability.
- Designing, building, and operating our data center for our rapidly growing Machine Learning team
- Integrating our data center with our existing cloud infrastructure to create a seamless hybrid cloud environment
- Improving the reliability and resilience of our infrastructure through root-cause analysis and reviewing gaps in designs and implementations of our infrastructure
What You Bring
Our employees' skills come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Automation: You work hard to eliminate toil by automating everything through scripting, configuration management tools (Puppet/Chef/Ansible), code, and proper tooling.
- Operations experience: You’ve managed critical production infrastructure and are familiar with incident response, scaling, and rapid growth related challenges.
- Developer focused: You focus on building operational and deployment tooling that makes multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments easier for developers to use.
- You have strong software engineering skills that can be applied to both operational tools as well as application design.
- Some experience and opinions on virtualization, containerization, or container orchestration platforms.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.