Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
The Commercial Leader, Digital Diagnostics will be accountable for building a world-class sales team to commercialize PathAI’s AISight digital pathology viewing platform and menu of algorithms, to establish the largest clinical diagnostic laboratory distribution network in digital pathology. This role will build the Digital Diagnostics organization from the ground up and lead all lab sales activity in prioritized geographies (including the US, EU5). As a leader in the commercial function, this individual will also have a hand in designing the broader commercial organization including marketing, training, account management, and customer support. This role will work collaboratively with partners in Product, Engineering, Pathology, Partnerships, Legal/Compliance, and Marketing to ensure sales targets are achieved and exceeded.
What You’ll Do
Sales Activities (initially as an IC, and to a lesser extent, as the role evolves into people management)
- Conduct segmentation analyses of AP laboratories in key geographies and identify target segments and accounts for scaled growth
- Drive collateral development for lab customers (and in the future, partner with marketing to scale)
- Identify and prioritize leads based on company priorities (including biopharma business), fit with PathAI products (appropriate DP hardware, patient case volume, etc.)
- Structure and execute clinical diagnostic deals; manage the end to end process from outreach, pitch/demo, contracting, security/IT approvals, and implementation
- Develop pricing, discounting, and product commercialization approach (e.g., product bundling, synergistic selling with PathAI Diagnostics), in partnership with Strategy and Finance teams
- Collaborate with company leadership to understand broader business drives of Digital Diagnostics
- Develop the US, EU4, UK, Japan, and China direct-to-lab sales and sales enablement strategy
- Lead and grow the global direct-to-lab sales team including talent acquisition and retention strategy for high-quality diagnostic sales representatives and directors
- Identify opportunities for distributor partnerships to support global distribution strategy
- Develop best-in-class performance monitoring, quota, and compensation system for sales reps
- Develop, forecast, and report monthly and quarterly sales objectives and revenue expectations to executive leadership and management
- Organize and build world-class efficient sales practices including the use of best-in-class customer relationship management tools and business intelligence solutions
- Channel feedback from the field to commercial, marketing, product, and strategy on a regular basis and be an active part of messaging, product prioritization, and corporate strategy discussions as they related to clinical diagnostic labs
What You Bring
- 10-15+ years’ sales experience in health-tech software, pathology, and/or laboratories,
- Experience building and managing best-in-class sales teams, from the ground up
- Familiarity selling diagnostics, anatomic pathology, molecular testing or familiarity selling into providers
- Comfort working in a scrappy, all-hands-on-deck environment; embodies a mindset of urgency
- Strong people management, mentoring, and relationship building skills
- Ability to work and manage a cross-functional team, specifically willingness to collaborate with marketing, commercial, product development, and legal/regulatory teams
- Hands-on, experienced, proactive, independent, articulate, and can get in the weeds but also think at the thirty-thousand foot level
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
We Want to Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.