PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology.
PathAI’s team, composed of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact on the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer. We're looking for high potential software engineers to join our team and help lay the groundwork for our growing software platform. We believe in using the best tool for the job.
There's a lot of work to do and a lot of great product to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
Learn more @ https://www.pathai.com/about-us/
*This opportunity will require either 4 OR 6+ Months of your time.
*January - June or later if available
*January - April
We're looking for intellectually curious and driven engineering students to help lay the groundwork for our growing software platform. We believe in using the best tool for the job. While we're always looking to improve, in this role, those tools currently include:
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Solve interesting problems with code.
- Build new features for internal and external users, and refactor existing ones to make them better.
- Interface directly with team members of all levels including our CEO & other executives
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to solve problems in sustainable ways. Sometimes you'll be neck- deep in low-level systems, and other times you'll be pairing up with the front-end team on the user interface.
- Drive the architecture of our application platform, considering the team and our future product roadmap.
- Collaborate with product, design, front-end, machine learning, and infrastructure teams.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
- Learn and share knowledge with others along the way.
What you'll need:
- Work ethic. You've had at least one previous employer, whether it's a previous internship in this field, volunteer work, or a summer gig waiting tables.
- Education. We prefer co-op students pursuing their Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field, with at least 50% of their degree program completed
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive hourly rate and the opportunity to be considered for a full-time position in the future, commensurate with co-op performance.We also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Transportation benefit
- Conveniently located office in Fenway Park's backyard
- Company outings and social events
- Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
We care deeply about building a diverse team and we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply. PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications - that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.