PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact..
Our People and Culture team is growing! We are looking for a high-performing leader who is passionate about all things People, to join us in the newly created role of Director, People Partner. This individual must demonstrate strong business acumen as well as functional knowledge of all aspects of human resource management. In their role, they will directly support several key client groups at PathAI. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the design and execution of several high-impact talent management programs and initiatives.
This individual should be highly skilled working within a fast-paced environment, driving positive change, and should possess exceptional skills in influencing others. Sample projects may include performance management, culture and engagement surveys, new hire on-boarding, change management activities and organizational effectiveness initiatives.
Core Functions Of The Job
- Serves as a trusted advisor to business leaders; shows innovation and forward-thinking orientation to plan HR efforts, solves challenges, and partners with leaders to build a high performing culture within their client groups.
- Improves manager capability through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities.
- Takes a leadership role in two or more high-impact areas of talent management: DEI&B, performance management, onboarding, learning and development, engagement surveys, talent review and succession planning.
- Designs and applies change management and organizational development strategies that influences organizational change in support of business strategies.
- Resolves complex employee relations issues through coaching employees and managers; conducting investigations where appropriate.
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, and other talent development and retention activities.
- Drives rollout plans within client groups for corporate-wide HR processes and programs.
- Supports the buildout of critical HR infrastructure for the People and Culture team to ensure we are positioned to scale and operate as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People and Culture team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Performs other related duties and projects as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to create and foster business relationships with leaders and employees across a range of functions and business groups.
- Advanced coaching skills with a proven ability to influence senior leaders.
- Ability to work strategically, operationally, and tactically.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including employee relations, compensation practices, talent management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with GSuite, Lattice, HRIS Software and/or HR related software preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 15%.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ previous HR experience in fast-paced, high-growth organizations.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Strong facilitation skills preferred.
- Experience in Biotech/healthcare/tech-startup environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
This is not a Visa Eligible Position
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.