PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
Description of Role:
As the Human Factors Engineer you will apply knowledge of human factors engineering principles to the design and development of digital pathology products. This includes primarily digital pathology software Class II and Class III medical devices (SaMDs) and companion diagnostics (CDx), including interactions with 3rd party products. You will collaborate with software development engineers, clinical scientists, diagnostic lab personnel, product and program managers, designers, technical writers, regulatory affairs and partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide Human Factors Engineering support across the product development lifecycle including support for customer and user needs definition, development of user and environment profiles, use and workflow scenarios and task analyses.
- Own the usability testing, user error / risk analysis, and human factors related post-launch activities while participating in the development of software requirements specification, user interface design,
- Perform Human Factors Engineering and User Experience activities within the framework of a regulated environment and in partnership with Clinical and Regulatory Affairs
- Provide human factors expertise across product portfolio including identifying, planning, monitoring, and executing Human Factors studies and other activities; provide in-house training and champion the importance of human factors engineering.
- Work closely with Clinical Science team and other departments (marketing, product planning, engineering) throughout the design and development process to not only meet user needs but also factor in business priorities and constraints
- Plan and conduct end user evaluations of product concepts, analyze data, document evaluation methods and results, and applicable design validation activities
- Provide oversight and collaborate with external resources to execute human factors activities on projects; lead usability study participant recruitment and any necessary IRB submissions, or oversee external recruiting resources to do the same
What You’ll Need: (qualifications)
- Bachelor's Degree is required (BS in Human Factors/Usability Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering or other related field of study is strongly preferred)
- 5-7+ years’ experience (direct experience in HFE and evaluation of medical device/in vitro diagnostic device is highly preferred)
- Medical device Human Factors experience (Class II or III) highly preferred
- Working knowledge of IEC 62366 and FDA Guidance regarding HFE / Usability process and
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for
dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.