PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis are critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprised of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact
This role will be a key member of the PathAI Finance team and will work closely with the Accounting Manager and Senior Director of Operations to oversee the financial health of the Company and use data to help make informed business decisions.
Specifically, the Senior Accountant will:
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager and Scientific Program Managers to track detailed progress of contracts with customers and maintain audit-ready documentation
- Lead coordination and execution of the external financial statement audit including managing auditor requests and questions, and overseeing overall project status
- Work to help implement new technical accounting guidance such as ASC 842 Leases and educate senior management on the related accounting implications
- Lead projects such as implementation of new payroll and general ledger systems in 2020
- Manage the general ledger and monthly close process and strategically track actual results to budget, including preparation of analysis to be presented to senior management
- Manage invoice processing and vendor payments
- Work cross-functionally with human resources to manage payroll, including periodic analysis of employee compensation vs. market data
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements in financial reporting, as well as opportunities for cost savings
- Support the finance function for business transactions such as fundraising
The successful candidate will have the right mix of technical accounting knowledge and the desire to learn the operations of the business. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate that can help us achieve effective and efficient financial reporting and readiness.
Specific qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting role, 2-4 years in public accounting strongly desired
- In-depth knowledge of technical accounting guidance and experience in researching technical accounting issues
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to help make strategic decisions
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.