At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for a skilled hands-on Director of IT to act as a player/coach, helping to nurture our growing team of IT Systems Engineers, Systems Architects, and IT Specialists. You are part principal level engineer, part teacher / trainer / mentor / recruiter / career coach.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Setting and executing the IT Strategy at PathAI
- Defining the teams roadmap and setting priorities
- Evaluating business needs and finding/building solutions to meet those needs
- Managing the department’s budgets
- Ensuring the security of our corporate environment
- Maintaining 3 nines of uptime on all critical IT systems
- Ensuring the highest quality of support is provided to our employees via a world class IT Support team
- Managing collaboration technologies at PathAI including our extensive Video Conferencing deployment
- Working closely with the PathAI Diagnostics Team to support our large mission critical Anatomic Pathology Lab.
- Enable your team(s) to work effectively while maintaining autonomy and responsibility.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
Our employees' skills come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Engineering skills. We expect IT Directors to be capable of operating as a senior systems engineer, so you'll have spent a number of years in this field building and operating critical IT infrastructure.
- Management experience. You've been around the block more than a couple times, and have personally managed teams of 15 or more engineers with managers.
- Managing operational excellence via Key performance indicators.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and personal accountability.
- Cybersecurity, Data Protection, and Compliance: You’ve worked to create a highly secure environment using standards such as ISO 27001, HITRUST, and NIST and you have experience with HIPAA or similarly complex data protection and privacy standards.
- Education. A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.