PathAI is a health-tech startup focused on utilizing AI-powered pathology to improve patient outcomes. PathAI applies deep learning to the medical field of pathology, which is the “ground truth” for most disease diagnoses including for cancer. PathAI’s 200+ person cross-functional business is the global leader in AI-powered diagnostics and works with the leading biopharma companies and laboratories to improve drug development and clinical care. PathAI is venture backed by leading funds including: General Catalyst and General Atlantic, as well as by strategic investors like Merck, BMS, and LabCor.
We are looking for a highly motivated Medical Affairs Manager/Sr. Manager to be part of the PathAI Medical Affairs team who is passionate about bringing new AI-based pathology solutions to the clinical diagnostics marketplace. Candidate must be a self-starter with a proven track record of success in prior roles. They will play a critical and exciting role in helping the PathAI Medical Affairs organization support current efforts to increase awareness and adoption of digital pathology and AI-based pathology solutions in the clinical diagnostic laboratories. In addition, candidate will manage up to two biopharma Medical Affairs programs to support PathAI products and lead Medical Affairs strategic initiatives in the clinical diagnostics marketplace and biopharma programs. The Manager/Sr. Manager will report to the Head of Medical Affairs at PathAI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a content manager and product expert, serves as a key contributor and knowledge expert for diagnostic evaluation of various disease areas (e.g., oncology, gastrointestinal diseases, dermatology, etc.)
- Independently manages projects related to analysis of novel, emerging data and determine relevant information to incorporate into medical content trainings
- Works with the Product Development and Scientific Programs teams to review, update, and provide insight to Medical Affairs slide decks and response documents
- Creates medical training documents as needed to support MSLs
- Works collaboratively with Scientific Programs and Clinical and Regulatory Affairs to support responses to medical inquiries and slide development for conferences
- Works collaboratively with the Integrated Evidence Leader in planning and execution of evidence generation studies
- Works collaboratively with the Business Development team for creating Medical Affair budget and resource plans for biopharma projects
- Manage the investigator initiated study (IIS) process to ensure regulatory and legal compliance
- Manage the medical and scientific content review process
- Provides medical and scientific input on PathAI external collateral as needed
- Attends medical conferences to assess/gather relevant information and support activities related to conference deck development and training
- Collaborates with Head of Medical Affairs to develop plan of action and ensure alignment of team activities
- Supports Medical Affairs Advisory Programs, as needed
- MD, DO, PharmD, or PhD or other advanced health care degree
- 2-4 years industry experience preferred
- Relevant clinical experience in clinical diagnostics or laboratory medicine
- Experience in provision of medical information, slide development, and medical writing and conference management required
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills and interpersonal skills are required, with experience in preparing budgets, misc. Excel spreadsheets, and delivering PowerPoint presentations
- Experienced with patient-centric care desired
- Committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base
- Ability to utilize moderately complex scientific resources across a variety of different settings
- Ability to work collaboratively and experience working on cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences which will include occasional weekend travel is required
- Ability to flex and adapt as necessary in response to ongoing growth and change within the organization
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.