PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis are critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprised of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
This role will be a key member of the Poplar/Path AI Diagnostics Finance team and will work closely with financial and business leadership of both Poplar/PathAI Diagnostics and PathAI (parent company)
Specifically, the Senior Accountant will:
- Working with the Corporate Controller, Diagnostics, collaborate with leadership across the organization in automating and re-designing processes and controls to integrate
- Poplar/PathAI Diagnostics accounting with PathAI accounting
Assist with the month-end close process including journal entries, accruals, reserve calculations, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses
- Participate in the execution of the external financial statement audit, preparing supporting documentation and other audit requests
Execute and communicate monthly reporting on spend and analyze trends by department, category, etc
- Oversee the accounts payable process, including automated bill entry, approval and payment and GL coding, and manage vendor relationships.
- Assist in identifying process enhancements for new vendor registration and purchase order creation
- Coordinate cross-functionally with the HR team to prepare and run bi-weekly payroll through payroll processor. Perform reconciliations of payroll postings to the GL and provide reporting on headcount and expense variances vs plan
- Support both Finance and Accounting functions with ad-hoc projects
The successful candidate will have a degree in accounting, the right mix of accounting experience and the desire to learn the operations of the business. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate that can help us achieve effective and efficient operational processes. This is a career developing opportunity for the right candidate to help build the finance function of a growing organization with the ability for the position to grow as the company grows.
Specific qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting role, 1-2 years in public accounting is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to help make strategic decisions
- Strong understanding of accounting controls and best practices
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Accounts payable, healthcare, and payroll experience are a plus
We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Healthcare, vision, and dental healthcare plans, with add-ons for life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Three weeks of PTO per year, plus six paid holidays
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.