Vice President, BioPharma Partnerships
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Over the past five years, PathAI has developed partnerships with many of the top global biopharmaceutical companies and biotechs, with the goal of integrating digital & computational pathology into the drug development process from early R&D through to commercial. As drug development increasingly trends towards personalized and targeted indications, computational pathology offers opportunities to enable faster and cheaper drug development, bringing lifesaving treatments to patients. To meet the constantly growing demand from our life sciences partners, PathAI is building out the Biopharma Partnerships team.
Where You Fit
The VP of Biopharma Partnerships, reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, will be a key leader of the PathAI Commercial Team. This individual will hold full accountability for managing several of PathAI’s largest potential accounts (i.e., top 25 biopharma) that are critical to the long term success of the company. The VP of Biopharma Partnerships will be the face of PathAI to these accounts and will be accountable for identifying and closing opportunities to apply PathAI’s products and services to advance the biopharma account’s strategic priorities, while overseeing the end to end relationship across all PathAI teams, products, and service lines. This individual will be responsible for establishing a strong network of relationships within these accounts across R&D, clinical development, and commercial teams as well as external innovations and partnering organizations. This individual will also have accountability for a cross-cutting new product area as the commercial lead / subject matter expert on the Biopharma Partnerships team on that topic. This individual will have mentoring responsibilities for others on the team and will have direct people management responsibility as the scope of their accounts grows.
accounts and will be accountable for identifying and closing opportunities to apply PathAI’s products and services to advance the biopharma account’s strategic priorities. The Director will be responsible for establishing a strong network of relationships within these accounts across R&D, clinical development, and commercial teams as well as external innovations and partnering organizations. This Director will also have accountability for a cross-cutting product area (e.g., companion diagnostics, multiplex analysis, clinical trial enrollment acceleration), as the subject matter expert on the Biopharma Partnerships team on that topic.
What You’ll Do
- Strategically engage biopharma partners to develop long-term enterprise-wide partnerships
- Represent PathAI as the primary point of contact for biopharma collaborators, assessing biopharma client’s needs against PathAI products and services; connect biopharma partners to internal subject matter experts as needed
- Maintain a deep awareness and understanding of the client’s product portfolio and development pipeline, including translational research priorities, clinical biomarker strategies, AI/Digital Health objectives, and enterprise-level objectives
- Lead the development, negotiation, and execution of new business proposals, directly contributing to PathAI business growth (revenue & bookings)
- Collaborate closely with franchise leaders where relevant in managed accounts
- Collaborate with PathAI cross-functional team members – including Translational Science, Algorithm Products, Machine Learning, Pathology, Marketing, Clinical & Regulatory Affairs etc. - to ensure delivery of the highest-quality work product to biopharma customers
- Be the go-to person for the Algorithm Product leader related to the New Product Area, including product strategy (based on voice of customer input), market intelligence, and Commercial Team GTM readiness
- Represent the Biopharma Partnerships team across the organization, ensuring the voice of the customer is embedded into decision making at the highest levels of the organization; support peers on the Biopharma Partnerships team by unblocking cross-functional challenges at the leadership team level when needed
- Hire, oversee, and performance manage additional biopharma partnerships team members (Associate, Manager, Director etc.) supporting assigned accounts (in the future)
What You Bring
- 12-15+ years of work experience
- 7-10+ years of experience working in the life sciences industry – directly at biopharma companies, or companies providing products / services to the biopharma industry
- Prior experience working in a client facing role at a top tier professional services organization (e.g., management consulting, investment banking, private equity / principal investing)
- Familiar with, and comfort discussing, drug development, oncology, precision medicine and
- Comfort working in a scrappy, all-hands-on-deck environment; embodies a mindset of urgency
- Strong relationship building with all levels within biopharma organizations
- Ability to work and manage a cross-functional team, specifically willingness to collaborate with marketing, product development, scientific and medical teams, etc.
- Hands-on, experienced, proactive, independent, articulate, and can get in the weeds but also think at the thirty-thousand foot level
Nice to Have
- Bonus: MD, PhD in applicable scientific or technical field
- Bonus: Experience working at a high-growth startup
- Bonus: Working in the AI / ML space
*We are open to remote work. Some travel required for client meetings.
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.