Memphis, TN (Onsite)
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Collections Team Lead to oversee all functions of claim denial management and insurance follow up reporting to the Manager, RCM at the Diagnostics Division. The ideal candidate is someone who has knowledge of medical and payer terminology, a team player, is detail-oriented, and is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
- Assist team in inquiring with insurance carriers regarding difficult claim status for outstanding AR
- Track and analyze trends within assigned insurance policies
- Research insurance carrier policies and bulletins to ensure billing accuracy to maximize revenue
- Interact with patients via telephone about their billing statements and claims
- Document patient accounts efficiently and appropriately to demonstrate actions taken on account. Aid team in ensuring notes are accurate and objective.
- Assist team members with achieving account resolution on difficult claim denials
- Handle in a professional and confidential manner all correspondence documentation, and files then file accordingly.
- Participate in mentoring and training new collectors
- Ensure team members respond to email inquiries within 2 business days
- Daily check ins with each team member to understand where they have questions or concerns regarding outstanding AR
- Perform other duties as requested by the lead/supervisor or manager as deemed appropriate
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ year(s) of collections experience required
- Expert knowledge of insurance collections and reimbursement procedures for assigned insurance carriers.
- Working knowledge of billing and reimbursement procedures is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Must have positive internal customer service attitude and be a team player
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.