Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Laboratory Clerk to assist in the Histology Laboratory reporting to the Laboratory Manager at the Diagnostics Division. The ideal candidate is someone who is self-motivated, organized, a team player and is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
Hours/Rate of Position:
WORKING HOURS: Tuesday - Saturday 5:30pm to 2:00 am
What You’ll Do
- Pick up slides cut by the histology technicians in an orderly and timely fashion
- Pull worklist reports from the Laboratory Information System in a timely fashion
- Identify and organize patient specimens from worklist reports
- Perform hand staining on glass slides and operate automated staining instrumentation
- Deliver slides to pathologists for sign-out in an orderly and timely fashion
- Retrieve paraffin blocks from storage and deliver to the appropriate department upon request
- Perform daily set-up, cleaning, routine maintenance, changing solutions, and shutdown procedures as needed for automated staining instruments
- Perform quality control for special and IHC stains according to procedure
- Communicate with Pathologists and Customer Service regarding case status, missing slides, requisitions, etc
- Maintain supply inventory, assist with supply orders, and rotate inventory
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year(s) of work experience preferred
- Relevant diagnostics laboratory product knowledge is valued but not required
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Must have positive internal customer service attitude and be a team player
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.