Location: Memphis, TN
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
As a Payroll Manager, you will be a part of a finance team responsible for managing end to end payroll processes across the company including weekly and semi monthly pay schedules for both salaried and hourly employees in the US (multi state).
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for preparing and processing multiple payrolls including hourly, salaried and variable incentives with different pay schedules, while ensuring that compensation, variable pay, withholdings, and deductions are correct
- Administration of the 401K plan and benefit plans including ensuring appropriate system configuration and timely and accurate funding.
- Provide and promote exceptional customer service to employees through timely and detailed communication.
- Assist with variable pay monthly calculations.
- Coordinate with and oversee payroll service providers to ensure payroll process is accurate and timely.
- Maintain and update the Company’s payroll procedures and policies; maintain strong evidence of payroll review procedures and self-audits.
- Coordinate with people team and operations for the establishment of proper cutoff of employment information and compensation to ensure timely and accurate payroll.
- Research complex payroll and taxation questions such as multistate mobility and fringe benefits and be able to document and communicate the complexity and a proposed solution.
- Have a strong understanding of risks and controls and ensure that all risks are mitigated by the effective design and operation of controls.
- Performs departmental headcount analyses monthly and other ad hoc analyses as necessary.
- Reconcile benefit plan deductions to vendor invoices and resolve any discrepancies including adjustments for new or terminated employees.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual filings and reporting requirements.
- Assist in various special projects as they arise. Projects may involve the implementation of new systems, creation of new policies, payroll analyses, etc.
What You Bring
- At least 4+ years in progressive payroll related experience.
- Strong knowledge of IRS and DOL rules and regulations with a continued desire to develop knowledge
- Experience in working with multi-state, global mobility, and taxable fringe benefits.
- Strong understanding of payroll system structure including relationships with HR, recruiting, general ledger, and other systems
- Experience owning and maintaining payroll systems (e.g. ADP)
- Strong excel skills.
- Great team player and willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, although not required
- Familiarity with Fidelity Net Benefits, Employee Navigator, and ADP preferred
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.