Memphis, TN or Remote Considered
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated medical Coder to collect and administer all phases of claim denial management reporting to the Coding Team Lead at the Diagnostics Division. The ideal candidate is someone who has knowledge of medical and payer terminology, is detail-oriented, and is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
- Accounts for coding and abstracting of patient encounters, including diagnostic and procedural information, significant reportable elements, and complications.
- Researches and analyzes data needs for reimbursement.
- Analyzes medical records and identifies documentation deficiencies.
- Serves as resource and subject matter expert to other coding staff.
- Reviews and verifies documentation supports diagnoses, procedures and treatment results.
- Identifies diagnostic and procedural information.
- Identifies discrepancies, potential quality of care, and billing issues.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and facilitates plan of action to correct discrepancies and prevent future coding errors.
- Identifies reportable elements, complications, and other procedures.
- Document patient accounts efficiently and appropriately to demonstrate actions taken on account
- Handle in a professional and confidential manner all correspondence, documentation, and files and file accordingly
- Answer incoming email inquiries within 2 business days
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor or manager as deemed appropriate
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ year(s) of Coding experience preferred.
- CPC and LIC certification required
- Pathology/Diagnostic Experience Required
- Working knowledge of billing and reimbursement procedures is valued but not required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Must have positive internal customer service attitude and be a team player
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.