Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Laboratory Manager to oversee two, or more, small Histology Laboratories, and our Digital Scanning and TC send-out areas reporting to the VP of Operations at the Diagnostics Division. The ideal candidate is someone who has AP Laboratory experience, is self-motivated, a team player and is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee daily operations of multiple small histology laboratories, digital scanning and TC sendout areas
- Prepare schedules for personnel in respective laboratories, scanning and send-out areas ensuring adequate coverage at all times
- Organize and oversee training of respective histology team and scanning technicians
- Trouble-shoot systems to resolve situational workflow and turnaround time challenges
- Continually monitor equipment and recommend upgrades as needed
- Maintain quality assurance and quality control records for respective areas of the laboratory and report as necessary to appropriate people
- Assure respective areas of the laboratory are prepared for inspections, including CAP, CLIA, and individual states
- Oversee and coordinate the inventory supply for respective areas of the laboratory assuring that the team has appropriate supplies for daily functioning
- When necessary, help with daily workflow in both the Histology Laboratories and scanning and send-out areas
- Perform other duties as required
What You Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent life science
- 3-5 years of Supervisory experience
- ASCP certification in HTL, HT, and/or PA desired
- State of Tennessee Laboratory Supervisor license desired, but not required
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Must have positive internal customer service attitude and be a team player
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.