Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Histotechnician to perform routine and special functions involved in the pre- and post-evaluation phases of all tissue specimens received in the Histology Laboratory reporting to the Laboratory Manager at the Diagnostics Division. The ideal candidate is someone who has training in histologic techniques and is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare tissue specimens so that they can be microscopically evaluated
- Embed processed tissue according to protocols
- Prepare sections of paraffin blocks
- Staining (H&E) and cover-slipping of all slides
- Perform special stains and re-cuts
- Cut and stain frozen sections at surgery centers with Pathologists
- Assist in filing slides and blocks, cutting controls for special stains
- See that all quality control records are performed daily and documentation completed
- Perform other duties as requested by the lab supervisor or manager as deemed appropriate
What You Bring
- High School diploma required
- Undergraduate coursework in biology, chemistry, or other physical and/or clinical sciences preferred
- One to five year(s) of experience preferred; A minimum of one year of training in histologic technique
- Histotechnician certification, HT(ASCP), preferred
- Solid technical skills and a working knowledge of laboratory organizational and operational procedures
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills necessary for department specific analytical, technical, and multi-tasking skills
- Dependability, flexibility, and adaptability in all aspects of laboratory responsibilities and scheduling hours
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Must have positive internal customer service attitude and be a team player
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.