Who is PathAI: PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Context: Over the past five years, PathAI has developed partnerships with many of the top global biopharmaceutical companies and biotechs, with the goal of integrating digital & computational pathology into the drug development process from early R&D through to commercial. As drug development increasingly trends towards personalized and targeted indications, computational pathology offers opportunities to enable faster and cheaper drug development, bringing lifesaving treatments to patients. To meet the consistently growing demand from our life sciences partners, PathAI is building out the Biopharma Partnerships team.
Where You Fit
The Director of Biopharma Partnerships will be a key member of the PathAI Commercial Team and will hold primary responsibility for managing several key biopharma accounts. The Director of Biopharma Partnerships will be the face of PathAI to these accounts and will be accountable for identifying and closing opportunities to apply PathAI’s products and services to advance the biopharma account’s strategic priorities. The Director will be responsible for establishing a strong network of relationships within these accounts across R&D, clinical development, and commercial teams as well as external innovations and partnering organizations. This Director will also have accountability for a cross-cutting product area (e.g., companion diagnostics, multiplex analysis, clinical trial enrollment acceleration), as the subject matter expert on the Biopharma Partnerships team on that topic.
What You’ll Do
- Strategically engage biopharma partners to develop long-term enterprise-wide partnerships
- Represent PathAI as the primary point of contact for biopharma collaborators, assessing biopharma client’s needs against PathAI products and services; connect biopharma partners to internal subject matter experts as needed
- Maintain a deep awareness and understanding of the client’s product portfolio and development pipeline, including translational research priorities, clinical biomarker strategies, AI/Digital Health objectives, and enterprise-level objectives
- Lead the development, negotiation, and execution of new business proposals, directly contributing to PathAI business growth (revenue)
- Collaborate with PathAI cross-functional team members – including Translational Science, Algorithm Products, Machine Learning, Pathology, Marketing, Clinical & Regulatory Affairs etc. - to ensure delivery of the highest-quality work product to biopharma customers
- Represent your biopharma clients internally as the voice of the customer, ensuring use cases and product feedback is communicated to internal teams to inform product enhancements, future product development, and new opportunities to enable our clients
Who you are:
- 6-10+ years of work experience
- 2-3 years of experience working in a client facing role at a top tier professional services organization (e.g., management consulting, investment banking, private equity / principal investing)
- 4-8+ years of experience working in the life sciences industry – directly at biopharma companies, or companies providing products / services to the biopharma industry
- Familiar with, and comfort discussing, drug development, oncology, precision medicine and
- Comfort working in a scrappy, all-hands-on-deck environment; embodies a mindset of urgency
- Strong relationship building with all levels within biopharma organizations
- Ability to work and manage a cross-functional team, specifically willingness to collaborate with marketing, product development, scientific and medical teams, etc.
- Hands-on, experienced, proactive, independent, articulate, and can get in the weeds but also think at the thirty-thousand foot level
Nice to Have
- Bonus: MD, PhD in applicable scientific or technical field
- Bonus: Experience working at a high-growth startup
- Bonus: Working in the AI / ML space
*We are open to remote work. Some travel required for client meetings.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional week of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Five days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.