Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Cytogenetics Technologist to perform high-complexity testing and analysis reporting to the Cytogenetics Supervisor in our Diagnostics Division. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for healthcare with a strong attention to detail and is ready to apply their skill set in a fast-paced and growing company helping shape AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare specimens using standardized cytogenetic slide-making procedures and FISH processing
- Make distinctions and judgments based on knowledge and understanding of chromosome structure.
- Use of proper ISCN nomenclature is required
- Prepare and screen appropriate fluorescent in-situ hybridization (FISH) slides based on Pathologists orders utilizing proper probe(s) and utilize appropriate detection method for optimal visualization of fluorescent signal(s)
- Maintain accurate accession records of specimens
- Maintain laboratory equipment in satisfactory working order and keep maintenance records of their acceptable performance
- Prepare chemicals, reagents, and solutions using approved procedures
- Troubleshoot instrument and/or procedure failures
- Participate in QA/QC programs and maintain competency in Cytogenetics
- Ad-hoc analyses as needed
What You Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Biology or Chemistry
- CG ASCP Certified preferred
- 2+ years of experience in cytogenetics preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization, planning and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the laboratory
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.