Biomedical Data Manager
Boston, Ma or Remote
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We're looking for a skilled Biomedical Data Manager to join our team and help support the execution of PathAI’s pharmaceutical and academic partnerships, including analysis of large clinical trials and validation of newly developed biomarkers and internal initiatives. The data manager will work closely with machine learning engineers, biostatisticians and program managers to ensure that our clinical datasets are well organized, accurate, and that we are maximizing our platform’s capabilities. The Data Manager will be responsible for interfacing with partners to integrate new projects, take initiative in improving our platform, and provide expertise towards the development of our system for hosting multi-modal clinical data
What You’ll Do
- Lead in the assessment, development, and tuning of existing protocols for collecting and serving biomedical data to the machine learning and scientific program teams
- Enable collaborations with partners in industry and academia by facilitating clinical data sharing and communication of requirements
- In collaboration with the machine learning product development team, develop methods to migrate existing clinical data to new software standards and facilitate connection with our APIs.
- Communicate data model to machine learning engineers, bioinformaticians, program managers and pathologists to support our interdisciplinary teams
- Lead in management, inventory and organization of biomedical data, including collaborating with external vendors for data acquisition.
- Lead in management, organization and digitization of physical histology slides, including the operation of digital whole slide scanning equipment.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biomedical field (biomedical informatics, public health, epidemiology, biostatistics)
- 2+ years working in biomedical research with an emphasis on data curation and communication.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as R AND Python for data analysis and reproducible research practices.
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience combining clinical datasets from multiple trials across institutions.
- Ability to work independently, communicate broadly, and take initiative
- Preferred: familiarity in medical terminology (oncology and pathology), clinical trial structure, working with sensitive data sets
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite, #LI-MP1