Memphis, TN (Onsite)
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Billing Team Lead to oversee all insurance and patient billing functions, including verification of provider orders, insurance eligibility and discovery, and professional coding. This position will report to the revenue cycle manager over billing at PathAI’s Diagnostics Division. The ideal candidate is someone who has expert knowledge of medical and payer terminology, specific to billing, is a team player, analytical, is detail-oriented, and is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
- Assist revenue cycle manager in the day-to-day supervision of the billing team, promoting a positive team environment
- Assist employees in resolving billing issues; including but not limited to, resolving discrepancies in patient demographics, provider orders, CPT and ICD-10 codes
- Communicate with pathologist on cases with CPT and/or ICD-10 discrepancies and amend accordingly
- Follow up on accounts that require further evaluation
- Track and analyze client trends and collaborate with sales force to improve data integrity
- Analyze daily pending charge report and reallocate resources as needed to maintain workflow
- Collaborate with insurance follow-up team to improve data entry process and reduce errors
- Assist team members with achieving account resolution on difficult accounts
- Handle in a professional and confidential manner all correspondence documentation, and files documents accordingly
- Participate in mentoring and training new billing specialists
- Ensure team members respond to emails/inquiries within timely manner
- Daily/weekly check-ins with each team member to understand where they have questions or concerns regarding outstanding pending charges
- Keep track and report on revenue cycle KPIs as determined by leadership
- Work with manager to document current state workflows and re-design to optimize new billing technology
- Perform other duties as requested by the lead/supervisor or manager as deemed appropriate
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ year(s) of leadership experience required
- 3+ year(s) of billing/data entry experience required
- 1+ year(s) of professional coding experience required; AAPC certification preferred
- Expert knowledge of medical billing rules is required, knowledge specific to laboratory diagnostics is preferred
- Understanding of payor-specific billing policies and procedures is required
- Experience with Telcor and WayStar preferred
- To be eligible for a hybrid / remote work environment, must maintain XXX level of connectivity at off-site location.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multitask in a dynamic environment
- Must have positive internal customer service attitude and be a team player
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.