Urine Pathogen Panel
Table of Contents
The MicroPathID Urine Pathogen Panel is based on detection of amplification products and the corresponding signal in assays run on OpenArray plates performed on the QuantStudio 12K Flex Real Time PCR System. The assay detects 17 pathogens associated with infections of the urinary tract including Acinetobacter baumannii , Citrobacter freundii, Enterobacter aerogenes, Enterobacter cloacae, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecium , Escherichia coli, Klebsiella oxytoca, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Morganella morganii, Proteus mirabilis, Proteus vulgaris, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Streptococcus agalactiae, Candida albicans.
Clean catch urine transferred to a grey top BD Vacutainer Urine C&S tube.
Storage and Transport
Specimens can be shipped and stored at 2 - 30°C. If shipping temperatures exceeding 30°C are anticipated, use cool plack. Viability after transfer to collection/transport tube is:
•Grey top C&S Tube: 7 days
Specimen Rejection Criteria
All specimens must be submitted according to the test directory instructions. Before submitting specimen, please carefully review specimen requirements.
Listed below are possible causes for delays in specimen processing or possible specimen rejections or cancellations:
- No patient identification on requisition form
- No patient identification on specimen container or slides
- No referring provider
- No account information provided
- No test ordered on requisition
- No specimen source provided
- Inappropriate specimen type
- Insufficient volume for analysis
- Inappropriate specimen container
- Improper specimen transport
- Specimen leaked in transport
- Specimen submitted in incorrect or expired transport media
- Slides broken beyond repair on receipt
- Conflict between patient name on specimen and requisition form
- Specimen not properly preserved
- Sample containing a needle
A representative from Client Services will attempt to contact your office to resolve specimen problems. Additional documentation may be requested from your office to be returned by fax. In the event that resolution is not possible, the specimen may be returned to your office.
Turn Around Time (TAT)
87481, 87640, 87653, 87798 X Units