MicroPathID Gastrointestinal Pathogen Panel (GPP)
Table of Contents
Multiplexed nucleic acid test intended for the simultaneous qualitative detection and identification of multiple viral, parasitic, and bacterial nucleic acids in human stool specimens from individuals with signs and symptoms of infectious colitis or gastroenteritis.
Vibrio spp. (not parahaemolyticus)
E. Coli & Shigella, Diarrheagenic
E. coli O157
Enteroaggregative E. coli (EAEC)
Enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC)
Shiga toxin producing E. coli (STEC)
Shigella/Enteroinvasive E. coli (EIEC)
Human Stool or fecal swab or a physician collected rectal swab.
Storage and Transport
Stool specimens should be collected as soon after onset of symptoms as possible. Fresh stool or Fecal swab or a physician collected rectal swab specimens should be placed in provided MicroPathID GPP collection tube.
Specimen Rejection Criteria
All specimens must be submitted according to the test directory instructions. Before submitting specimen, please carefully review specimen requirements.
Listed below are possible causes for delays in specimen processing or possible specimen rejections or cancellations:
- No patient identification on requisition form
- No patient identification on specimen container or slides
- No referring provider
- No account information provided
- No test ordered on requisition
- No specimen source provided
- Inappropriate specimen type
- Insufficient volume for analysis
- Inappropriate specimen container
- Improper specimen transport
- Specimen leaked in transport
- Specimen submitted in incorrect or expired transport media
- Slides broken beyond repair on receipt
- Conflict between patient name on specimen and requisition form
- Specimen not properly preserved
- Sample containing a needle
A representative from Client Services will attempt to contact your office to resolve specimen problems. Additional documentation may be requested from your office to be returned by fax. In the event that resolution is not possible, the specimen may be returned to your office.
Turnaround Time (TAT)
87493, 87798, 87502, 87505, 87506, 87507