Table of Contents
31 gene expression profile (28 discriminating, 3 control) for the prediction of metastatic potential in patients with cutaneous melanoma. Patients are stratified into either low risk Class 1 or high risk Class 2 groups, with sub-classification of A or B within each Class.
Nine 5-micron unstained slides from Formalin- Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE) tissue block, 1 recut H&E.
Storage and Transport
Transport via certified courier, 2nd Day delivery, using standard packaging. Ambient temperature shipping. Ice pack recommended for shipping when regional outside temps above 80 degrees F Storage in standard laboratory, internal conditions, ambient temperature range 65-90 degrees F.
Specimen Rejection Criteria
All specimens must be submitted according to the test directory instructions. Before submitting specimen, please carefully review specimen requirements.
Listed below are possible causes for delays in specimen processing or possible specimen rejections or cancellations:
- No patient identification on requisition form
- No patient identification on specimen container or slides
- No referring provider
- No account information provided
- No test ordered on requisition
- No specimen source provided
- Inappropriate specimen type
- Insufficient volume for analysis
- Inappropriate specimen container
- Improper specimen transport
- Specimen leaked in transport
- Specimen submitted in incorrect or expired transport media
- Slides broken beyond repair on receipt
- Conflict between patient name on specimen and requisition form
- Specimen not properly preserved
- Sample containing a needle
A representative from Client Services will attempt to contact your office to resolve specimen problems. Additional documentation may be requested from your office to be returned by fax. In the event that resolution is not possible, the specimen may be returned to your office.
Turn Around Time (TAT)
14 days from receipt of specimen.
Unlisted chemistry code: 84999