Table of Contents
Calponin is an actin filament associated regulatory protein. Commonly used to identify myoepithelial cells in breast lesions. It can also help differentiate breast collagenous spherulosis (positive) from adenoid cystic carcinoma (negative).
A formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue block is preferred specimen type or one (1) unbaked, unstained slide cut at 4-5 microns for H&E staining (required) and two to three (2-3) positively charged unstained slides cut at 3-4 microns for each test/antibody ordered.
Storage and Transport
Use cold pack during transport of paraffin blocks and unstained slides. Cold pack should not be placed in direct contact with the specimen during shipping.
Specimen Rejection Criteria
All specimens must be submitted according to the test directory instructions. Before submitting specimen, please carefully review specimen requirements.
Listed below are possible causes for delays in specimen processing or possible specimen rejections or cancellations:
- No patient identification on requisition form
- No patient identification on specimen container or slides
- No referring provider
- No account information provided
- No test ordered on requisition
- No specimen source provided
- Inappropriate specimen type
- Insufficient volume for analysis
- Inappropriate specimen container
- Improper specimen transport
- Specimen leaked in transport
- Specimen submitted in incorrect or expired transport media
- Slides broken beyond repair on receipt
- Conflict between patient name on specimen and requisition form
- Specimen not properly preserved
- Sample containing a needle
Turn Around Time (TAT)
88341, 88342, 88360